Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cultural Baggage and Pet Milk

Cultural Baggage was easy to relate to because my family is the same way. We don't really have any traditions that we passed down, we are just our own people. I liked the way it was expressed that it is okay to have "none" as a culture, this world keeps advancing so some are moving away from the traditions their families started a long time ago.
Pet Milk's setting set the whole mood of the poem. It connected the past (his grandmas era) to the way they did things and it got me to picture what life was like in Europe at that time. The romantic date they go on relates back to the older days and but still in the present time. If the setting were different in this story, it would have a completely different view and meaning to me. I could really picture what this story was trying to represent and show.

No comments:

Post a Comment